From: SUDARKO A [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2000 4:42 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: [expert] ESS SOLO-1 driver

Dear Wayne,

I have got my sound working on my laptop (presario 1685) with Mandrake 7.0
I also uses ESS SOLO-1. In the past I have been trying to use alsa-driver
without any success, but with Mandrake 7.0 the sound is working without
doing any modification/addition.
My lucent winmodem is now also working with a driver from :
http://www.linmodems.org/linux568.zip

Hope this help.

Sudarko                                         4/19 Gamack ST
Chemistry Department                            Mayfield NSW 2304
The University of Newcastle                     Tel : (H) (+)61-2-49688382
Callaghan NSW 2308                                    (O) (+)61-2-49215461
                                                Fax : (O) (+)61-2-49215472