Carl....are you aware that this list is a user list, where users
try to help other users?  I didn't try and answer your question
the first time because I figured that there were better
qualified individuals on this list to do so.  But I can answer
your last question, so here goes.  On the KDE desktop there is
an Icon labled Updates.  Click it and the MandrakeUpdate script
is activated, which will connect you to the mirror of your
choice and allow you to choose to download and install any
updated packages that may exist on that mirror.

Alan