On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> I'm pissed.  I downloaded the v4.72 rpm's from the cooker archives on
> rpmfind and attempted to do an upgrade.  I started out doing a simple rpm
> -Uvh netscape-common*rpm, rpm -Uvh netscape-navigator*rpm, then rpm -Uvh
> netscape-communicator*rpm.  Rpm will bitch that the navigator and
> communicator packages conflict with each other, and now no matter what I
> do, including rpm -e on all three packages then attempt to reinstall the
> rpms from the mandrake 7.0 iso, netscape is absolutely non-functional.
> Any clues, y'all?  Or should I just trash my entire / and /usr partitions
> and start over from scratch?

Try doing it in this order
rpm -e netscape-communicator
rpm -e netscape-navigator
rpm -e netscape common

rpm-Uhv netscape-common
         then
rpm -Uhv netscape navigator OR rpm -Uhv netscape-communicator

Personally I find that just installing navigator (the browser only) is quite a
bit more stable than installing communicator (browser/email/newsreader/html
editor). Besides there are other options for the rest of the software that
makes up communicator.

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)