I've just installed Mandrake 7.0 and have discovered that users cannot
receive email -- not even from other users on the same machine.  The
directory /var/spool/mail/ remains empty and undelivered mail piles up in
/var/spool/postfix/deferred. The command qmail -v gives an "unknown mail
transport error" for each piece of undelivered mail. The postfix
documentation leads me to believe that it should work out of the box for
my simple system (single-user connected to the network by ethernet) with
no additional configuration.

I would be very grateful for any ideas about what to do.

                Joe