I have a box running Mandrake 7 hooked up to the internet through US West
DSL, and it's also hooked up through a second NIC card to a box running
Win98.  Everything works as expected by using Linux box as a router allowing
me to surf the web through either the Win98 box and the Linux box.

The problem is I can also access it thrugh FTP and TELNET from not only my
Win98 machine, but also my GF's machine and my neighbors machine from across
the street.  I tried setting up the hosts.deny file to include the
following:

ALL: ALL

but I can still access the the system using FTP or TELNET.  If I put in:

ALL: 192.168.0.11

I get blocked from the Win98 box (as expected) but can still access it from
the others (GF and neighbors)

SO my question is, how to block access from everybody except thos IPs I
specify.  I've read all the docs over and over and it states I should be
able to add the hosts I do want to allow access to in hosts.allow and those
I want denied (such as ALL) in the hosts.deny.  But by the docs, the above
should work as well... am I missing something else entirely?

Thanx

Joseph E. Sheble
a.k.a. Wizaerd
Wizaerd's Realm