Joe Sheble wrote:

> I have used su during some of my configuration, so I'm familiar with it.
> However, it doesn't really answer my question on how to change (and have
> them take effect) user permissions for a user, to grant him the SuperUser
> access.

I am aghast.   What you set out is exactly the only purpose of su (when
used without any argument).   That is why it exists!

What is your concept of the function of su?

If you are using KDE, try K, System, File Manager (super-user access).
>From that you can generate new windows and New terminals ad infinitum.
In this mode, right click on any KFM icon, select Properties,
Permissions tab, and a normal user as super-user can permanently change
any permissions in the whole system.  It helps to have a very distintive
theme set up for user "root", because then these super-user windows and
terminals will use the root theme.

--

Regards,

Ron. [AU] - sent by Linux.