On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Phil Edwards wrote:

>....................................... My plan is to install an ABIT
> BP-6 motherboard and 2 Celeron 500 processors. I'm sure I've read
> somewhere that if I were to do this with (for example) dual Pentium II
> CPU's, I'd have to be careful to buy processors with the same stepping
> level (whatever that is - I just read it, I don't necessarily understand
> it!!) Does this apply to Celeron CPU's?

Make certain that you specify that you want the CPU's from the same lot
number when you talk to your supplier and let them know you intend to do
SMP.  They'll get it if they've attended any Intel Dealer training.

--
Rich Clark

Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
Help bring us more Linux Drivers