Ron....after reading this message I went on Adaptec's web site
and looked up the specs of the AHA-152x.  The only model they
listed was the 1520 and it has no bootable on-board bios.  I
don't know what you did to "also went into the aha152x bios and
made sure it was bootable." but adaptec says there isn't a bios
on that card.  That's what your problem is, the scsci adapter
does not support booting!!  It shouldn't be hard to but a small
/boot partition on one of the IDE drives and boot from that.

Alan