Just a thought...you could try the following procedure that I used for my
Promise Ultra66 card.  The following procedure may allow MDK to see your PCI
fasttrak device and allow the installatiion to proceed.  I can't make any
guarantees.

I'm using MDK 7.0-2 and a Promise Ultra66 IDE controller card.  If you want
to  do a fresh install of Linux onto a drive that's connected to a Promise
Ultra66 IDE controller card, follow these steps:

1) Use a Linux boot disk to boot your system (if you don't have one yet, you
can get one from http://www.toms.net/rb/)
2) At the Linux console prompt, type "cat /proc/pci" without the quotes.
3) This will spit out five I/O numbers for you (the ones that are not in
brackets)
4) Label those I/O numbers a, b, c, d, e (the first is "a"; the second is
"b"; etc.)
5) Now, restart your system and boot from the Linux installation CD
6) At the boot prompt, type "linux ide2=a,b+2 ide3=c,d+2" without the
quotes.  Be sure to substitute the actual I/O numbers for the "letters"
shown above.  The above worked for Linux Mandrake 7.0-2 (and 6.1).