On Fri, 03 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> Hello all ...
>
> I have a problem getting my box to send packets OUT of the NIC (Network
> Interface Card).
> I can ping 127.0.0.1 (localhost) but not any other IP's on the network,  nor
> default gateway.
> I can't reach the box from another box on the lan either.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> /one

Well, first, check the activity lights at the back of the card.  If you don't
have a green one, you may need a different driver or a new card or to reseat
the card in the computer or a NEW or reinserted cable.

If you have a green light at the card but not at the nearest hub....  Errr
well could you be plugged into the uplink?  Could your hub have a special last
two slots one for uplink and one that can be seen only by uplink?  And if so
are you plugged into one of them?

And of course you might have been given a crossover cable when you need a
straight through.

If you have link lights everywhere, then it is likely that a reconfiguration or
a new NIC will help.

Civileme