Audrey Beck wrote:

> Does it still boot from the CD-RW?
>
> Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> >
> > Despite all that it doesn't boot from cd but goes on to lilo on
> > /dev/hda.
> >
> > Before I bought the SCSI cdrom I had an atapi cdrom. I could boot from
> > this atapi *and* when switching in BIOS to "SCSI" as bootdevice it
> > booted from the SCSI cd-writer.
> >
> > Now I thought with setting the bootdevice in the SCSI-setup it should be
> > ok, but it is not.

Nope. Not with this setting. I found out why.

As the bootable cd is one which is bootable because of a floppy
emulation on it I have to choose "A" in my BIOS setup. Therefore the
line "SCSI, C,A" will never work. It doesn't find a bootable SCSI device
and moves on to the hd.

Now, if I choose "SCSI,A,C" or simply "A,C" it boots up because the
floppy emulation gets recognized as boot device "A".

I should have read the host adapter's manual first.

wobo
--
GPG-Fingerprint: FE5A 0891 7027 8D1B 4E3F  73C1 AD9B D732 A698 82EE
For Public Key mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Subject: GPG-Request