Is the partition editor that is built into the Mandrake 7.0-2 install
based on the partition magic that seems to occupy such a sizable portion
of this list?

I ask 'cause I recently decided to re-install my Mandrake 7 system (the
first install simply used the "recommended" button, and not a big enough
partition.  "Recommended" just leaves too much out - like gcc doesn't
even work!) and found it really liked to generate errors regarding
sectors overlapping and was wondering if anyone else had that problem.
It just seemed too buggy to me - I was lucky to find a combo that didn't
generate an error so I could get on with the install.

Trevor