Hi Ben,

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Benjamin Sher wrote:

> Dear friends:
>
> The new RealPlayer7 Beta is here with all the plugins is here.
>
> Warning: There are two versions, an rpm for RedHat ALONE (it WON'T work
> on Mandrake 7) and one for the rest of us. It looks great.

Why doesn't it work ??? Error messages ???

> 1) MY BIG QUESTION:  How do you configure the new RealPlayer7 in
> Netscape under Applications to play RealPlayer. I typed
> "home/sher/RealPlayer7/./realplayer" or the same without the ./
>
> In either case, when clicking on a RealPlayer site, it launched
> Realplayer7 but played nothing except its usual little jingle. By the
> way, I did completely delete (rpm -e) the old RealPlayer G2 Alpha.
>
> 2) Second big question: For the suffixes in Netscape should you add ram
> AND rpm to the RealAudio entry? So should the suffixes read:
> ra,ram,rm,rpm? And perhaps some other suffixes for other plugins?

I think on the Real.com Support page there is a FAQ that says
how do I configure my browser for Real Player 7. It states
there the various extensions one has to add under
Preferences/Applications..

And one question from me... Is the new player able to play its
content in the browser window ?

Because the older versions couldn't :-(

> Please advise. We are all waiting with baited breath.

HTH,

Andreas