Dear friends:

My deep thanks to everyone who was so kind to troubleshoot my
installation and configuration problem with RealPlayer7 and Netscape. I
finally managed to install the Red Hat RealPlayer7 rpm. All the entries
appeared properly in Netscape's Edit, Preferences, Navigator,
Applications.

However, one big question remains: While I can launch and play
RealPlayer7 from any ordinary link in Netscape (just as in RealPlayer G2
Alpha), I have failed so far to play so much as a single EMBEDDED plugin
file. Isn't that what the "rpm" extension plugin and the "smil" and
other RealPlayer extensions in Navigator, Applications were supposed to
do?

Instead, at CNN and everywhere else I checked (so far), I get the same
dreaded Netscape box which ask you to "Get your plugin," a plug in that
is supposed to be in RealPlayer7 but is not in the RealPlayer7 Beta1
just released.

Could anyone please explain this strange situation to me and others who
might be curious?

Benjamin
--
Benjamin and Anna Sher