I have run into this problem, and mentioned it on this list before, but
it's data-dependent, and the only data source I had that would reliably
reproduce it is copyrighted, so I didn't want to attach it for the
entire list.

If you can reliably reproduce it, I'd suggest entering a formal bug
report; when I reported it before without the ability to demonstrate
it, I've encountered skepticism from Mandrake folks, and nobody who
would claim responsibility and let me mail it to them individually.

Lacking a reproducable test case, though, I didn't enter a formal bug
report.

You also might contact the mkisofs folks; again, if you have a good test
case.

(I have a zip file that when mkisofs'ed by itself will show the
corruption.  If an individual would like to see it I can provide it.)

Also, the mkisofs included with "scdbackup" does work reliably.  And I
should (but haven't yet) try the mkisofs home page and download the
"official" version from there and test it.  I'll try that later tonight.

--
I am "Brian, the man from babble-on" (Brian T. Schellenberger).
I can be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED] .