On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> I would first try removing the /dev/fd0 line from the /etc/fstab file.
> Its not required in fstab to mount a floppy or a cdrom for that matter
> unless you want to mount with say the mount -a command or use
> supermount. After removing the line, your problem should disappear.
>
> Tom

Would this be the line that deals with the /dev/fd0?   can't fidn just /dev/fd0.

Also the mount command says it can't find the /dev/hdc.  It sure enough isn't
there.  Is there a line that should include this?

Ivan
/dev/hda1 / ext2 noatime 1 1
/dev/hda5 swap_upgrade swap defaults 0 0
/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom 0 0