Caldera has been created by the former Novell CEO, if I am right...
That's why they have developped a Novell support for Linux (yes : Linux
itself, and not Slackware or RedHat or SuSE or Mandrake or...).
That's a great idea, and they have given the rights to use it freely, and it
works well.

Now, if you want improvements, then ask Caldera for it OR do it yourself!

Nowadays, unfortunately, Novell is less used. And thus, the interest to
develop new support for Novell has decreased.

The big lack in Linux Novell support - in my mind - is the native Novell
filesystem (ie read/write straightly from/to Novell formatted disks, no
access through the network).

I don't think it's the "job" of Mandrake to do it and I would really be
surprised if they had been doing something about it in release 7.0.2.
I'm afraid you still have to wander through the manuals to do the thing!

That's my point of view.

Regards

Mathieu