Check your proxy settings.  I'd guess that it's trying to get to an
automatic proxy configuration and failing or connecting very slowly.
Alternatively it could have slow access to a startup page, but with no
connection it fails the name lookup immediately and doesn't waste
further time looking.

--
I am "Brian, the man from babble-on" (Brian T. Schellenberger).
I can be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED] .