From: Joseph S. Gardner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 21 March 2000 12:52
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Memory upgrade

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello all,
> thanks for the overwhelming amounts of replies.
> Now the funny thing is that I have 2 boxes both LM7.02, on one the append
> worked, on the other box, there was already an append in the lilo.conf, I
> tried to add the mem=191M, and it accepted that when I ran /sbin/lilo, but
> when I looked at the amount of Memory, no such luck.
> Then took out the append statement that already existed, included my own
> append statement, no such luck.
> After that copied the lilo.conf from the other box to the one with the
> problems. Again, no such luck.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Regards
>
> Fred de Klein

Fred,

What does your append line look like for the machine that does NOT work?  If
memory serves me it should be something like this:

append="mem=191M","something_else=this"

You'll need to check the archives or a man page for the exact punctuation
but
it should be enough to get you started.

--
Joseph S. Gardner