DD

As root try this command:

/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS1 auto_irq skip_test autoconfig

If it works then put in your /etc/rc.d/rc.serial. Also change ttyS1 to
the serial port that your modem is on (0 is #1, 1 is #2, etc). Make the
file executable if you created an rc.serial, do not worry about anything
else. The startup script will run this during boot if it exists.

If it does not work then change the irq to something that is not
assigned and then back the irq for the serial port (irq 4 or irq 3). For
my laptop I use irq 6. You cannot put this in a startup script. I do not
know why and have not hacked thru it to find out. I just know that it
works for my laptop pcmcia modem.

Tom