First of all thanks to everyone who responded to my question for a printer
recommendation, yet here's another one :

After looking around in a few shops I decided definitely against a HP 610C
(I want seperate colour/black ink cartridges), but took the BJC 2000 and
HP DJ 815C into consideration - yet, upon checking the available filters
in ghostscript and the SuSE-hardware database I found that the latter
requires a filter (or .upp ? I reckon that may not be quite the same...)called
"cdj670" which is supposed to be found in the ghostscript 5.10 package.

To my surprise, there was not one such filter, and also none that mentioned
the BJC 2000.

Since some of you recommended these printers (although the HP was a DJ812
if I remember correctly), could you also tell me with which drivers (and version
of ghostscript) you have installed ?

Thanks so much !

cya,
Volker