On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, vern wrote:

> mdk kernel (2.2.14 series).  I'm returning my Mdk 7.0 and
> applying the $50+ toward a real video card!  Who knows
> next year I may add audio to my machine.

        yes, I think that's the best way... here we have a
90-compaq-with-this-chipset lab and we're still fighting to get X on all
of them. the i810 chuipset seems to be very nasty: no docs nowhere, and
all-in-one: serial and parallel ports, ide, video and sound in one chip.
developers complain about guessing what's inside! you touch some register
and you get video to work, but you are left with no ide, as an example...

--
"No tire sus colillas en el mingitorio, las humedece y
las hace dificil de encender"