Well, for win95b, you definately need the encrypted passwords, and
once you have those you have to smbpasswd as root to set up valid
passwords for the users you want in.

(I happen to have just gotten this working less than 30 minutes ago
myself so it's really fresh on my mind.)

If you are doing win95a (original win95), it ought to work with plain
text.

--
"Brian, the man from babbleon-on"               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                         http://www.babbleon.org