Mage Grimau wrote:

> I ended up with a 7M /boot partition, 2 - 2G FAT16
> partitions (Win98 & NT tend to screw up each other's
> "Program Files" directories when on the same
> partition) and a 16G / partition. So far, they're all
> happy (except Win98 seems to like corrupting its own
> space frequently, but I already knew that).
> Thanks for all the help, folks.
> I'm Mandraked!

Another M$ feature - Win 9x can use FAT16 or FAT32, Win NT can use FAT16
or NTFS, so if you want to run both, you need to use FAT16 at least on a
common partition, BUT FAT16 is so damn inefficient on large drives
>~500Mb. I would suggest using 3 partitions: FAT32 for Win9x, NTFS for
NT, and a 500Mb FAT16 partition for storing common fiiles or
transferring files. This means that neither OS can see the other's
files, and therefore can't trash them! But, then, do you really need
both NT and Win9x on the same box???  We have an NT domain at work, but
I use my Win95 box to administer it from home - most functions work OK.
As we also have terminal server setup on one of the NT servers, I can
use it for those times when I need to use NT, or the modem is to slow.
We also use VNC, for which there is a Linux version, so soon, perhaps, I
will be able to do all the NT admin from my Linux box - one step closer
to a M$-free household!