Well I tried etc/ppp/options and all that was there was a lock file.
I mislead you on the KPPP vs. PPP name (newbie brain freeze)
I haven't configure PPP, I have just set up KPPP.  I did some noising
around and found: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/  ifcfg-pppX
this contained all the conection info and a statement mtu= "",
can I edit in the changes for mtu= "xxx" ??
or will this totally screw things up??
Thanks again!
Vern

On Sat, 01 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> Set it up in etc/ppp/options, and it will effect all ppp sessions.
>
> On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, vern wrote:
>
> > I have a question on how to configure PPP, the MTU
> > number to be specific.  I've tried to set it with ifconfig mtu xxx
> > which works dandy for the session (ppp0) in progress but when
> > you restart PPP it reverts back to the old MTU (15+++) numbers!
> > Help!
> > Vern

    *   Vernon Stilwell                [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    *   R.R.#3 Box 168                [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    *   Hardinsburg, Ky. 40143     "Happiness is a warm Penguin!"
    *                               Registered User #165809