Your point is taken.  However, since I work primarily in Linux, and since I trust and
respect the opinions of THIS group rather than any Microsoft mailing list, therefore I
posted to this list. No offence was intended.

I also regard the gurus on this list to be better informed re TCP/IP, and I still
believe that this is where the problem lies, and not specifically with Win98 ...

Any constructive ideas?