On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 10:16 -0400, vern wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> > On Mon, 03 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> > > You guys make me sick! :-)
> > > BellSouth says I'm lucky to have
> > > my 24K wire!  Still waiting for satelittes
> > > here!
> > > Vern
> > >
> > Hmm...well, I've got ISDN... and I'm a Bellsouth customer. :-)
> >     John
>
> HMMMM!  I'd settle for a decent 56K wire!
> Vern
> PS.  I know "move closer to the switch"
> mumble mumble mumble :-)

Wait a minute, are you all located in the area which our tech
people tell us is way ahead of us in communications?
I'm living in Germany and I guess there is no part of this
old-fashioned state where you cannot hook up to several ISPs
with a 64K ISDN line (or 128 with MPPP or even more with 2
cards, etc.)
I get really green-faced reading about all those guys w/
cable-modems or satellite links. We don't have that over here
(just for big companies at enormous costs). But we have a
widespread net of ISPs w/ ISDN links. That's not so far behind,
methinks.

wobo
--
GPG-Fingerprint: FE5A 0891 7027 8D1B 4E3F  73C1 AD9B D732 A698 82EE
For Public Key mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Subject: GPG-Request