Well, technically it's only "alt-7" (as in the title of the mail thread
here), but I doubt that this makes any difference.

It's not supposed to do that, but I recommend using ctl-alt-F2 rather
than ctl-alt-F1 myself.  Not sure if you would help you any, but it's
worth a try.

On Sat, 08 Apr 2000, you wrote:
| Ctrl-Alt-F7 returns me to X, but none of the buttons or icons work. I can
| move windows around, but I can't do anything in them.
|
| --- Tom Berkley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| > Ctrl-Alt-F7 (works here on two different boxes)
| >
| > Tom
| >
| > Ron Johnson wrote:
| >
| > > Civileme wrote:
| > > >
| > > [snip]
| > likely
| > >
| > > Once I've pressed ctrl-alt-f1, how do I  get back to X ?
| > >
| > > Ron
| > > --
| > > | Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |
| > > | Jefferson, LA  USA      WWW : [EMAIL PROTECTED]     |
| > > | Most overused words: feel, cool/kewl, fun, myBlah.com    |
| > > | Most underused word: think                               |