If I understand this subject correctly there are two issues: the host
and the account holder. They are not necessarily serviced by the same
IP, and do not forget: IP's are not all created equal.

If you have a hosted, active, paid DNS account anyone anywhere in the
world should be able to type in www.yoursiteneame.com and see your page
in all it's glory.

However there is a caveat writtn in fine print in most IP-Client
contracts: It's called site content. The IP agrees to host your site as
long as the the content is not purient, and doesnt promote antisocial
behavior on the site. Most IP's reserve the right to cancel the account,
and delete the page from the server without warning under the conditions
as set forth in the contract. SPAM and XXX sites are types of accounts
that usually get removed from the server quickly.

If this is a new account or if your are moving your business from one IP
to another IP time can be a big factor. One IP didn't set up my client's
page for almost 6-months even though the IP received the NIC approval
within three days after the name was approved. Conversely, because of
extenuating circumstances-and with the help of NIC and the new IP-a
friend was able to move his very large and active business account and
be active in less than 24-hours.

I've had accounts under some incredibly bad IP's who simply knew nothing
about web page hosting set-up but were too ego-centered to admit it.

In short, the IP that hosts your webpage should know how to set up the
browser to point to your page and service page requests properly. If
your acccount is new, your host should be able to tell you how long it
will take to set up your account on his server once he receives notice
from NIC or ICANN. My IP will usually do it within 24-hours.

If is usually convenient to host your page with a local IP. However, it
is not a requirement. You should be able to see your page from your
home, office or from a hotel in another country as long as you can get
on the web.

If you cannot see your page, then you need to find out why.

Pj