It's just that I have a different conception of "bug" than you do.

To me, a bug is bum code. Code with errors in it. Most of what you're
complaining about are plain-jane configuration issues -- stuff not
installed, stuff not configured.

Linux does not configure itself, no matter what distro you use. Granted,
there have been great leaps forward with respect to things "configuring"
themselves, but still, it's up to the user in the end.

Alen Salamun wrote:

> "Stephen F. Bosch" wrote:
> > Newbies normally aren't recompiling kernels =)
> I have a feeling you guys here are NOT serious...THESE ARE THING NOONE
> SHOULD EVEN
> THINK ABOUT NOT FIXING THEM! This should be fixed right away with no
> questions asked...
> If not just say: Mandrake is just a non supported, help yourself
> distribution...
>
> > bin86?
> Hey are you all joking or what: bin86-0.4-9mdk

You did a server install, right?

Another thing -- I don't hear anybody else hollering about this -- only
you. That makes me even more suspicious.

I invite others to speak up. If there are bugs, let's hear about them.

> > Who's using UUCP? *giggles* We were damn glad when we finally got rid of
> > the damn thing around these parts...
> ....Yes right, so dialup clients, that will run their own mail server
> should use smtp...Hey be serious...

I am -- lots of people do this.

> > My kpilot works fine.
> kpilot-3.1b9-5mdk
>
> When I run it and go to settings:
>
> Failed to open
> /home/alien/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/DBBackup/ALiEN//MemoDB.pdb
> QComboBox::text: (<no name>) Index 0 out of range
> Failed to open

What version of Qt have you got installed?

> /home/alien/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/DBBackup/ALiEN//AddressDB.pdb
> QComboBox::text: (<no name>) Index 0 out of range
> ERROR: KFM crashed
>
> The last one is probably not OK...

This is the closest thing I've seen to a bug in all the stuff you've
reported, Alen...

-Stephen-