Careful with the Linksys 10/100 under Linux, or any 10/100 NIC with a "PNIC" Chip.
I've been to the website of the writer about two months ago, and discovered this
little note:

"Due to the lack? of documentation on the PNIC chip, autosensing
the network" is/was not a feature of the driver the author could provide.

However, if you manually set all networking parameters (instead of running on DHCP),
the NIC should work just fine. Best of luck.

PeteV
[EMAIL PROTECTED]