Well, after all, I cannot boot off of anything on the second disk.

I first tried a boot manager called gag, that runs off a floppy.  I
figured that this would be easier than messing with liloconf.  No dice,
it does not seem to want to boot off the second HD.  I suspect it has
something to do with the fact that I have the /boot on one partition and
the / on another.

Then I tried Lilo,  and that doesn't work either.  I have the following:

hda1 is my win partition
hda6 is my Mandrake 1 partition

These two can boot fine

hdb1 is my Mandrake 2 /boot partition
hdb11 is my Mandrake 2 / partition

Lilo won't accept anything I try for the second disk.  I have tried:

image=/boot/vmlinuz
root=/dev/hdb1
label=md

I thought this would tell it to look in the /boot partition and find the
right kernel, but no dice.  I get a message saying there is no init.

Can this really work with seperate /boot and / partitions?

Kirk

                               vice versa
 Translations - French to English, English to French | Technical Writing
 Traductions francais-anglais, anglais-francais      | Redaction technique
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.mcelhearn.com
    Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France