On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> Not sure I understand, John. M$ (plain vanilla) HTML worked okay before
> FP. I think I probably wrote what Scott said wrong. He said that SSI's,
> like counters, won't display properly in an FP page without the FP stuff
> in his server too. He runs Apache. FWIW, I noticed when I ftp'd to the
> new server it had 6-8 FP files in my account, which I happily deleted.
> FP is just one more reason to embrace Tux, imho.

Ahh...more M$ stuff. Tell him to switch to CGI counters.
:-) As far as SSL (Secure Socket Layer), using SSL to
upload a web page will NOT work with plain Apache. It
*does* require FP. However, we get by just fine by letting
users design in FP, and either use FP's built-in FTP client
to upload  or upload via a standalone FTP client. :-)
        John