I switched to xawtv (from kwintv) as it is a bit more
stable than kwintv, almost everything has a keyboard
shortcut and true fullscreen works quite well (Ctl -
alt - - to get to a lower resolution, then the F key
in xawtv switches to fullscreen mode). I'm using a
plain vanilla Hauppauge WinTV card.

Chris