I use Sendmail on a similar system as he mentioned, and I have to force
some mail to be routed via my ISP's SMTP server, for exactly that
reason.  So far, I've had to create "Domain Routing" rules for AOL,
Compuserve, Earthlink and Adobe (whatever), as well as a local ISP in
Minnesota.  Oddly, I can email to Microsoft and other large companies
without a problem.  But, it's still a pain at times.  I just use it
because it's the Unix-y thing to do.  :-)  Well, and I'm trying to
continue my education in SysAd stuff.

--

Nil Carborundum Illegitimi