"Caruso, Anthony J." wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a Dell that I really like -- only has just one serial port.  I found
> a nice 2 serial port PCI card from Boca for $35 retail - but it only works
> with 95/98/NT.  Boca said Linix [sic] is not supported.
>
> 1.  Anyone know if it will work with Linux?
> 2.  If !1 - anyone know of another brand that will.
>
> I am not looking for anything fancy.  Just need to plug my Palm, UPS, &
> Modem into the serial ports.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Tony

I've been using a byterunner (www.byterunner.com). They have inexpensive
ISA and PCI serial, parallel & combo cards.  I believe I paid between $60
& $70  for a 4 serial & 2 parallel card.  The serial can share an IRQ so I
disabled one of the onboard ports and used the IRQ for the 4 serial.  Works
very nicely.  I'm currenlty using it to support a modem, dumb terminal & UPS.

Best

Cokey

Cokey de Percin, DBA            Email:
Policy Management Systems Corp.  Work - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Columbia, South Carolina         Home - [EMAIL PROTECTED]