On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 15:20 -0400, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> >
> > Good advice, John, but I knew that one before. I always do only
> > the "C:" partition with M$-fdisk. Every other partition is
> > created by Linux.
> > Next point: As you may see it was not the extended partition
> > which got "mugged", it was the second primary partition. That is
> > a sure sign that I did not set it up with M$-fdisk!
> >
> Actually, IIRC, you *can* use DOS FDISK, but it won't LIKE
> doing it. :-)

I*I*RC, if you order DOS FDISK to create a primary partition and
there is already one on the disk it just sits there and says:
"Can't you see that there is already one primary partition? I
won't do that!"

Just tried it out last night on a Win-only machine with one
primary partition of 1.0G and 3G left unpartitioned. DOS/WIN98
FDISK didn't do it. I booted a miniLinux and used Linux fdisk.

wobo
--
GPG-Fingerprint: FE5A 0891 7027 8D1B 4E3F  73C1 AD9B D732 A698 82EE
For Public Key mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Subject: GPG-Request