On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 13:41 -0400, John Aldrich wrote:

> Doc (et al):
> As long as you don't make Windows aware of the Linux
> partition, (by using M$ Fdisk to create the "extended"
> partition that Linux lives in) you shouldn't have a
> problem. However, if you DID use Windows FDISK, I would be
> EXTREMELY careful about using Defrag!
>       John

To make it clear once more:

I *did not* use M$ Fdisk to create the partition which got
damaged.
M$ is not able to create more than one primary partition on one
harddisk. The damaged partition (/dev/hda2) was a *primary*
partition.
So Windows could *not* know about the second primary partition
with Linux on it. And BTW, I always had the root partition of
Linux on a primary partition, so that I never run the risk of
getting my Linux damaged by Windows. Or so I thought....

So the proposed cause could not be in effect here.

wobo
--
GPG-Fingerprint: FE5A 0891 7027 8D1B 4E3F  73C1 AD9B D732 A698 82EE
For Public Key mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Subject: GPG-Request