Are you sure you have a good root file system?

Did you try making a boot disk when installing this time?

Fin wrote:

> I previously ran mandrake 7 on my old PII setup with no problems.
> However, now that I've upgraded to an Athlon setup I get the following
> message when I try to install from dos:
>
> kernel panic:VFS:unable to mount root fs on 08:01
>
> It won't boot from the cd and if I try to use my old boot floppy I get
> another kernel panic message.

m> I also noticed that there is a message about a possible problem with
RAM

--
"Brian, the man from babble-on"              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org