Having read some mails about probs with CD-R and CD-RW burning
and having sent one yelp for help myself (which was never
answered though) I tried my luck with a GUI I read about in
German pc mag c't.
It's called gcombust and I found it on freshmeat.

I does just what I want:

Easy setup
Blanking CD-RWs
Writing in multisession mode without probs
Working fast with my Plextor SCSI burner.

I installed the rpm for RH 6.2.
YOu need at least cdrecord, mkisofs and (if you want to do audio
stuff) cdda2wav. For all of these I use the versions which came
with MDK 7.0

wobo <burning>
--
GPG-Fingerprint: FE5A 0891 7027 8D1B 4E3F  73C1 AD9B D732 A698 82EE
For Public Key mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Subject: GPG-Request