>>> "Bruce" == Bruce E Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[snip]

    Bruce> It will boot, go thru is startup scripts then stick when
    Bruce> KDM window should come up and then do nothing. I can't even
    Bruce> get a console to check things out. If I can get to a consle
    Bruce> via a floppy boot, I have no idea what to fix to get X
    Bruce> working.

[snip]

Is there a way you can telnet into the box which sticks before kdm?
If yes, you could change /etc/inittab to default to runlevel 3.  Then,
I'd look at /etc/rc.d/rc.local as a start.  (Assumes kdm doesn't run.)

Even if you can't telnet in, you ought to be able to enter runlevel
one from the LILO prompt:  if you use image 'linux', type 'linux 1' at
the LILO prompt.  Then, look at rc.local.

--
Mike Fieschko, West Orange, NJ, USA
Kernel 2.2.15-0.23mdk