Klar Brian D Contr MSG/SWS wrote:

> I have three problems left to deal with on my 7.0 install.
>
> 1) No stereo sound, it is mono out of two speakers
>         (sound card is a AWE64 Value)
> 2) How do I get my clock not to set hardware clock
>         (accident hit during install, off by a lot, seems
>         resetting upon reboot.)
> 3) CD-Rom was always hdd, but had to make it sr0        since cd/rw. Zip drive was
>always hdb4. They
>         are IDE.
> However now zip has to be sda4 (I think). Anyways the CD/RW wont work for nothing. I
>did install supermount
>
> Any Ideas? This is all the problems I have right now at least.
>
> Brian D. Klar - CVE
> OTS
> WPAFB
> (937)257-5773
> 937-973-3125 (Pager)

TAKE OFF supermount with

supermount disable

2)
rdate -s tick.gatech.edu
hwclock --systohc

3)
edit  /etc/fstab

change
/dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip  ....
/dev/sda4 /mnt/zip
and change
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom .....
/dev/cdrw /mnt/cdrom ....

then
rm /dev/cdrom
ln -s /dev/sr0 /dev/cdrw

The reason for this roundabout is that a module called ide-scsi is used to make the
CDRW accessible for
writing, and the presence of that module will change the apparent address of other IDE
removables like zips
and ls120s

I keep the module out of memory myself and

modprobe ide-scsi
xcdroast
rmmod ide-scsi

for my burns.  Then the standard cdrom I use like an ordinary cd drive (I have both
types).

But if you want to use a CDRW as an ordinary CD you need to mount it, and you need to
have the ide-scsi module
loaded

The way to do that is .....

in /etc/conf.modules include this line

alias block-major-11 ide-scsi.o

Then things should work all the time.  REMEMBER TO UNMOUNT the drive if you are going
to burn with it.

Number 1) I fear I am no help with.  I am still marveling that we have sound...

Civileme

--
BETA-testing Netscape 6
and its mailer