hi, i had this message wiht an attempt to do this with another prog, i
found that ./configure host=i586 allowed the routine to continue  but i
then got other errors, see what happens,
there is a file with most source code (i believe) that explains options
for ./configure i suggest reading all the text files that came with the
code (can't remember the exact name -install?-)

bascule