The driver is emu10k1. It's on the iso image from Mandrakesoft - I never
bought the set. Probably CD1 from any of the sets.
I'm not sure if there's an easy way to copy it over - I just did a fake
upgrade and it worked fine. :)
<I'm on the expert list to hear from the experts, I'm not one myself>

--- vern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Mage,
> I have to confess, I can't find the drivers on the CD!
> How's that for dense??  What are they called? I tried
> the "sndconfig rpm" but I don't think that is what you
> ment.  I've got the full set (all 6 CD's) searched them
> all, please this "blind newbie"!
> Vern
>
> Mage Grimau wrote:
> >
> > That's the same card I just got - I found the drivers that came with
> Mandrake
> > 7.0 work best. I tried others with little luck, then copied the Mandrake
> ones
> > from the CD, ran sndconfig, and everything works fine. Next time I need
> > drivers, I'm checking the CD *first*.
> >
> > --- vern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Well I finally sprang for a new audio card, a brand new
> > > Sound Blaster PCI 512.  This must be new one as it was
> > > the only affordable PCI Sound Blaster card Staples had.
> > > So I did all the research on  available drivers for Linux
> > > and found same at ALSA so attempting my first source code
> > > compile I got it to make the object code module and installed
> > > it per "readme" instructions.  My CD plays music fine but I
> > > can't get any of the system sounds to play.  I've been through
> > > all the mixers and such in both KDE and GNOME with no success.
> > > Any help would be most appreciated!  After working with this for
> > > 2 days I think I've tried all the combinations possible.
> > > HELP!
> > > Vern
> > > --
>
> --
>      Vernon Stilwell                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>      Hardinsburg, Kentucky            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       ***   Have you hugged your penguin today?   ***

=====
Mage Grimau, Strange Unwashed & Somewhat Slightly Dazed
VoiceMail/Fax: 1-651-328-1145