On Mon, 08 May 2000, you wrote:
> You're new kernel is /vmlinuz .  Lilo.conf points to /boot/vmlinuz .  Create
> a new kernel a million times and it still will execute the old kernel.  I
> can't imagine why L.M. delivers it this way!

   They don't deliver it that way(?)  I compiled 2.2.15-1mdk this
morning from the cooker source and headers rpm's.  As MUO
instructs, I edited the Makefile ie, 'EXTRAVERSION = -Tom', and
_as instructed_, uncommented this line 'INSTALL_PATH=/boot'.
After I finished with 'make xconfig', I ran 'make dep && make
clean && make bzImage &&  make install && make modules && make
modules_install' (as instructed) and was all set to boot to the
_new_ kernel courtesy of L.M.

   I don't remember, it was either at the end of 'make install' or
'make modules_install' that lilo was edited and re-run for me.
Nothing to do but re-boot.  Well, I did add the 'old' section
(below) and ran '/sbin/lilo' again before I re-booted, but the
label 'linux' was already pointing to the newly compiled kernel &
modules.

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hdb6
        append=""
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14-15mdk
        label=old
        root=/dev/hdb6
        append=""
        read-only

--
..     Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Either: