On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 12:35:15AM +0800, Edwin Linux Fan wrote:
-> I'm new to this webmastering thing.
-> I can put webpages in my /home/httpd/html directory by going super user.
-> But it's really a drag... upload to an uploads dir or user dir, then telnet, then
-> manually copy to /home/httpd/html/newdir.
->
-> Man, this sucks.
->
-> There must be a better way than that.
->
-> Help please?

Don't.

Put your web pages in ~/public_html, then use the url:
http://server.name/~username.

Short of that, see if you can enable ftp uploads to
/home/httpd/html/newdir. Then use sitecopy to move the pages.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley