I'm trying to update kmail on my Mandrake v6.1 box by compiling v1.0.29.1 but I
run into a problem with the configure script that comes with kmail.
I have pgcc-c++ (and pgcc) installed but it does not find it nor does it seem
to look for it.

This is the error I get:
[lars@frid kmail-1.0.29.1]$ ./configure
checking ktalkd find_user method... using /proc.
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
./configure: programs: command not found
checking for a C-Compiler...
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking for a C++-Compiler...
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++  -s) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create
executables.

How can I modify the configure script to detect pgcc-c++?

Otherwise, how can I fix this?
- other than upgrading to Mdk v7.0 or v7.1 (I'm the only one
in my company to run Linux for a desktop so I am my own PC support and
currently I don't have the time to do an upgrade. I have to admit that I did
gloat a little during the ILOVEYOU virus thing since Linux/kmail is in no way
vunerable)

--
Lars Nordin
Noble Systems Corporation