I like the fact that a user can not write to the dos partitions personally.

But what I do when I want to write to the dos partitition is go to system,
file manager (super user mode), use root's password and then I can do
whatever
I want to the dos partition without any trouble and from a graphical file
manager.

I think that is pretty slick and still keeps the dos partition secure even
from
me unless I make a conscience effort to mess with it.

Works great for the archiving of my mp3 files on the dos partition and
using
them from anywhere...my linux box or any of the other 3 computers in the
house
via samba.

Anyway, that's my two cents :)

Bambi