From: Jose M. Sanchez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 6:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [expert] How do I share my printer!

-----Original Message-----
From: AT&T [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 2:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] How do I share my printer!

I have internet connection sharing and file-sharing enabled,

---

Using what? NFS, SAMBA, MARS? Please specify!

---

 but I can't get the printer to work.

---

Does it print from Linux?

---

When I browse for it in Network Neighborhood it is
there, but it is transparent like it is off-line.

---

If you are using Samba did you enable BSD printing?

---

If you try to print to it
you get a message about the printer requiring user intervention.  If someone
has it working, the printer section of your samba.conf would be very
helpful.

---

Sure but it will probably do you no good...

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no need to
# specifically define each individual printer

[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    browseable = yes
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
    public = yes
    writable = no
    printable = yes

That's it!