It involves testing the current shall I say bleeding edge stuff. That
includes everything. sometimes it doesn't install sometimes it works
great . In any case you submit back what doesn't work and steps you take
to fix it or if you don't know who to fix it you ask for some advice on
what to look for.

In any case it makes things real interesting sometimes. Last thing is
when all starts working and looking right then it goes to beta testing.
When beta testing is done it goes to the public at large. By the way I'm
writing this from behind my nice current cooker version of my firewall,
ispmasq, samba, apache, and whatever devel tools machine. Its working
great. I even have kde2 installed which to be honest most of the
aplications are already more stable than windows.